Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
Our client is experiencing growth and is searching for a motivated accountant to join their team. The senior accountant will report to the financialreporting manager and will work closely senior level managers.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Be a subject matter expert for assigned general ledger accounts.
- Support the monthly financial statement close process by compiling and analyzing financial information to prepare journal entries, reconciling applicable general ledger accounts, and maintaining supporting documentation to accurately substantiate account balances at month end.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to ensure that transactions are accounted for properly.
- Provide analytical support and insightful financial analysis.
- Submit annual budgets and weekly forecasts. Analyze financial statement accounts and report on variances to aid in management's decision making.
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K filings.
- Calculate the fixed charge ratio and prepare financials for debt compliance reporting related to the Company's $350 million revolving credit facility.
- Comply with all SOX controls. You will ensure that all assigned SOX controls are designed effectively and properly executed.
- Partner with external and internal auditors. You will supply requested audit information, assist in process walk-throughs, and ensure that all audit and filing deadlines are met.
- Document research and processes. You will undertake and document accounting research as required. Additional documentation of Company processes will be undertaken as needed.
- Propose and implement initiatives aimed to improve efficiency and quality of existing processes.
- BA/BS in accounting, CPA a plus
- 2-3 years of accounting experience from a public accounting firm, preferably from the Big Four
- Oil and Gas industry experience a plus
- Oracle experience a plus
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- Adaptable - Adapts to well to changes; Thrives in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Dependable - Takes responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Communication - Listens and asks for clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Teamwork – Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Determination - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Quality/Productivity - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Meets and strives to exceed productivity standards.