PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Accountant of ExGen Controls will provide assistance with managing all control-related matters associated with the Exelon Generation businesses. This role will work closely with business owners, the Exelon Audit Services team (EAS), and the external auditors in assessing control deficiencies and developing appropriate responses to such deficiencies.
The senior accountant will also be responsible for tracking business issues and coordinating the development and monitoring of remediation plans with the relevant process and control owners. The senior will also be expected to identify opportunities to improve processes, generate ideas, and challenge the status quo.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Evaluate control deficiencies and conclude on the potential impact to financial statements. Track process and control issues and assists with the development and monitoring of remediation plans.
- Partner with control owners to ensure appropriate design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financialreporting in the ExGen businesses.
- Identify opportunities for streamlining and automating control activities.
- Develop or update controls where necessary.
- Assist in process improvement projects.
- Generate ideas to improve processes.
- Assist in special projects and special requests as needed.
- Interact with internal and external auditors, Controller’s Group and Business Units as required to accomplish goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of Accounting theory, principles, practices and regulations including FASB/GAAP and SOX compliance
- Understands requirements for documentation in work papers, disclosures and memos; demonstrated ability to document a broad range of technical issues.
- Demonstrated successful use of technology to improve process efficiency
- Effective teambuilding and leaderships skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
- Exude a high degree of professionalism and treats others with respect