5 - 7 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
employment type: full-time
Our client ,a multinational consumer product company,based in New Jersey has asked us to locate a corporate Senior Accountant
The candidate we seek should have 4-6 years Public and or private accounting experience
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will perform a variety of general accounting duties.
The primary focus of this position will be to prepare financial statements and perform, prepare and/or maintain the following: journal entries, general ledger account analyses and reconciliations, sales & use tax filings, inter-company reconciliations.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the Company's books and records in an orderly manner.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules
• Prepare and post journal entries and maintain prepaid and accrual schedules on an as-needed basis
• Perform monthly reconciliations and account analyses, including inventory, accounts receivable, prepaid assets, accruals, deferred rent, accounts payable, sales, COGS etc.
• Update fixed assets schedules for additions, disposals, and depreciation expense
• Analyze accounts receivable aging reports and prepare the allowance for doubtful accounts schedule
• Prepare inter-company reconciliations
• Prepare and submit sales and use tax filings
• Liaise with outside accounting firms to reconcile subsidiary financials
• Assist outside accounting firms with annual filings and provide financial documentation on an as-needed basis
• Maintain the chart of accounts for the Company and its subsidiaries
• Support the department with respect to invoice coding, ensuring that all invoices are properly coded from a general ledger perspective
• Work on ad-hoc assignments and special projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong GAAP, general ledger and consolidations knowledge and written/oral communication skills
• Must be self-motivated, highly detailed and organized
• Must have advanced Excel skills (e.g., vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
• Strong time management skills and ability to adhere to tight deadlines
• BS in Accounting
• CPA or working toward CPA
• Previous experience working for a large manufacturing organization .
• 4-6 years of experience - preferably a mix of "Big 4" public accounting and manufacturing / cost accounting