Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs.
This position is responsible for providing accounting and financial analytical review to various Dignity Health hospitals and related facilities. The incumbent accumulates information to prepare accurate and timely journal entries for the general ledger monthly close in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Dignity Health’s processes and procedures.
This position reports to the Director of Accounting; the incumbent is expected to work without direct supervision of the Director of Accounting.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and account analysis that requires an advanced knowledge of accounting
- Generates financialreports that require intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Works with department supervisors, managers, directors, administrative, and other staff to identify and recommend solutions to issues that arise. Approved solutions are implemented and monitored by the incumbent on an ongoing basis
- Gathers, compiles, and reports complex financial information for various reporting purposes, both internal and external. This does include regulatory filings
- This position is responsible for the financial close of an assigned hospital, including accruals, variation analysis, communication with the facility, and final reporting
- This position is expected to function effectively within a team and participate constructively to produce results in a cooperative way
- Major challenges to this position are identifying and resolving problems that arise by understanding the way business is done and opportunities for improving the efficiency of the general ledger department or the department under review
- Has the authority to post routine journal entries without supervisor approval, prioritize assigned work load to most efficiently meet deadlines, and to evaluate best practices for analytical review
- Continually seeks to make suggestions, offer solutions and act upon both internal and external customer needs, concerns and priorities
- Bachelordegree in a relevant field required (or equivalent professional experience)
- Five (5) years of direct accounting experience is required
- GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- High-level analytical and review skills
- Advanced accounting concepts and theory
- Ability to work with and encourage others
- Ability to work independently while maintaining proactive communication with direct supervisor
- Knowledgeable in personal computer applications, including spreadsheet (intermediate to advanced Excel preferred) and general ledger processing software (eg. Lawson, SAP, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness. Equal Opportunity
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
Job ID 2018-67794