Purpose of Position
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for general ledger and transactional activities, with a focus on accuracy and process improvements. This position will also be responsible for the monthly financial close process including preparation of journal entries, monthly audits, and reconciliations. This position will support and provide documentation for internal/external audit inquiries; assist in making process improvements/accounting changes; and provide on-going support for various finance teams. This position performs back-up responsibilities as required within the General Accounting Group. The position will report to the Controller.
- Compile financial information and prepare and/or review necessary journal entries for properly stated financial statements in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
- Monthly closing for Group Reporting under US GAAP and responsibility for the monthly closing package and ensure that all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Perform the monthly balance sheet reconciliations and resolve errors, discrepancies within accounts.
- Provide audit support during external, internal and SOX audit activities, as required.
- Analyze month end and quarter end accrual balances to determine appropriate reserves in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
- Maintain fixed asset sub-ledger and prepare book and tax depreciation entries for all assets.
- Import and Export payroll data and reconcile payroll accounts.
- Responsible for Cash Management including the bank reconciliations.
- Accounts Receivables Back-up tasks: supports billing functions including preparation, posting and distribution of invoices.
- Responsible for the performance of the intercompany reconciliations and settlement of outstanding balances.
- Documentation of accounting processes, for example closing check list, reconciliation process etc.
- Identify productivity improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Acts as a resource in the training of other team members; provide back-up support as needed
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of professional accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Public audit experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Oracle ERP System a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and SOX.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and do what it takes to meet deadlines.
- Position will require working on weekend during month-end close.
- Detail and deadline oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.