CommScope pushes the boundaries of communications technology with game-changing ideas and ground-breaking discoveries that spark profound human achievement. We collaborate with our customers and partners to design, create and build the world’s most advanced networks. It is our passion and commitment to identify the next opportunity and realize a better tomorrow. Discover more at commscope.com.
Due to growth and customer demand we are currently recruiting for an Senior Accountant to join our team in Richardson, TX. The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing monthly accounting duties, closing books, project accounting, accounting for leases, and revenue recognition documentation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform general accounting functions including preparing and posting journal entries, preparing general ledger account reconciliations, and analyzing monthly fluctuations.
- Standard costing: Develop and run standard costing for materials and finished goods
- Accounting for Leases: Interact with various financial and operating groups to properly account for leases and to forecast future lease payments.
- Project accounting: Create, maintain and analyze DCCS projects
- Revenue recognition: Assist in preparation of revenue recognition documentation for projects
- Coordinate with ITRACS customer\sales operations to properly recognize revenue and prepare required revenue recognition documentation (white papers) for projects.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Other special projects, as required.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 5+ years’ experience OR Bachelor's in Accounting with 2+ years’ experience with CPA
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively on a team or independently with a track record of delivering results on time with attention to detail
- Ability to work with changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to act as a change agent to improve processes to promote efficiencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Excel
- Experience with SAP, HFM and Business Objects is a plus
- Experience with cost accounting in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience with lease accounting preferred