To strengthen our Team in the Finance Department, we are seeking a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant is responsible for the critical and complex activities associated within Carl Zeiss Vision’s legal entity accounting functions. Recommends and develops departmental standards and practices. Supports the Accounting Manager and Senior Accounting Manager in all general accounting areas including but not limited to: GAAP/IFRS compliance, internal audit, general ledger, fixed assets, construction in process, sales tax, balance sheet reconciliations and P&L review, leasecontract review, Inter-company reconciliation, revenue recognition, and ad hoc requests.
- Assist in establishing and monitoring the monthly and quarterly accounting close processes under US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and IFRS
- Performs technical accounting reviews of new sales contracts, marketing programs, etc. to ensure compliance with US GAAP and IFRS
- Lead the process to analyze internal control risk in all major areas of the organization
- Provides guidance to other areas of Finance (i.e. A/P, A/R, Payroll & FP&A)
- Coordinates efforts and information requirements with other managers to ensure accurate financialreporting.
- Assist in the development and documentation of key processes and controls.
- Maintain relationships for continued exchange of data inside and outside the finance department.
- Reconciles and maintains full ownership of balance sheet accounts and follows up on unexpected or aged activities in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Corporate team in Germany on explaining month-end results and on special projects as requested
- Perform additional tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA certification is a plus.
- Requires working knowledge of IFRS and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and audit procedures.
- 5+ years of total accounting and/or auditing experience
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with all levels of the organization
- Intermediate ability to work with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office environment
- Experience with SAP, Hyperion Essbase and HFM, and other databases are preferred