Description of Job: The Senior Accountant will be responsible for key aspects of the company’s accounting operations, including period-end closing, fixed assets, internal orders, financial reporting and audits. This role interfaces with multiple functional groups across the organization and is considered a key liaison for the Accounting department.
- Perform month-end closing responsibilities, including journal entries and intra-company transactions, balance sheet account reconciliations, and account variance analysis and explanations for assigned areas.
- Manage fixed asset accounting process and procedures. Prepare relevant reconciliations and analytics and investigate variances and exceptions. Coordinate periodic fixed asset physical inventory with assistance from the functional departments. Assist the Planning Department in preparing the projected depreciation for the annual budget.
- Manage SAP internal order process.
- Maintain SAP G/L framework, including chart of accounts and cost/profit center setup and maintenance, and facilitate bridge with BI reporting platform.
- Support Controller and Senior Financial Analyst with all internal financial reporting requirements.
- Monitor bank balances, update daily cash activity reports, complete bank reconciliations and access online banking platform.
- Prepare workpapers and supporting documentation for external annual audit and quarterly review process.
- Complete certain regulatory reporting requirements, such as U.S. Census Bureau reports. Play key role in supporting Controller with ad-hoc duties and special projects.
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience
- IFRS and US GAAP technical accounting knowledge preferred
- SAP experience required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- SOX experience preferred
- Public Accounting or Internal Audit experience a definite plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA a plus)