Reporting to the Intercompany team leader, this position is responsible for supporting multiple business units and legal entities. This includes preparing and posting various monthly intercompany transactions and entries as well as performing the necessary reporting for each of these businesses. This position will be responsible to interact and communicate with internal and external customers in various business units in order to facilitate any special requests and/or reporting requirements.
- This position will be required to prepare and/or review monthly reconciliations for balance sheet and intercompany accounts.
- Analyze any discrepancies related to Intercompany transactions.
- Analyze aging for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables.
- Prepare Good Receipt Invoice Receipt analysis and resolve outstanding items.
- Review intercompany processes for any process improvements.
- Ensure the desk top procedures are updated accordingly.
- Participate in training of the team members, prepare training materials as necessary.
- Facilitate the meetings to discuss the operational and procedural issues and questions.
- The preparation of additional year-end reporting requirements.
- Sr. Accountant will also participate in SOX testing; assist with Audit and special projects.
- The position will assist in the preparation of ad-hocreports as necessary.
- A person in this position is responsible to assure that the assigned day-to-day operations are carried out in accordance with established accounting Principles, policies and objectives.
- Sr. Accountant will be reviewing the daily and monthly work of accounting staff (internal and external) and address any concerns as needed.
- Provide guidance and assist team members in resolving issues in complex and escalated situations.
- Integrate Accounting processes from acquired companies into existing processes.
- Sr. Accountant will be leading the ICO projects and assist with testing and data transition when necessary.
- Sr. Accountant will act as a liaison between ICO, IT, business units and Management to ensure transparency related to process improvements, organizational changes or system enhancements.
- BA / BS Degree in Business, in Accounting
- 5-7 years’ experience in General Accounting Skills (Required): General Ledger/Intercompany experience is a plus
- Work Experience in SAP 6.0
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a shared service environment a plus