Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc. is the U.S. retail property/casualty brokerage division of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Our advisors specialize by industry and coverage types—developing solutions uniquely tailored to individual client requirements. We deliver a full range of insurance and risk management products and services, including traditional and loss-sensitive coverages, captives, alternative risk solutions, and financial products to clients around the world. For additional information, please refer to Career Opportunities with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Serves as assistant program manager for two captive insurance programs. Financial Reporting, working with Regulatory Managers, Assist with Regulatory compliance, Captive Board and Committee meeting Director including Reporting, books, minutes and projects; Calculate Dividend Distribution, works with Program Revenue from Underwriting/ Sales department and Claim payments/ deductible recoveries from Claims Department. Coordinates Risk Management Vendor contracts and resources. Works with auditors for tax preparation for Captive tax filings
- Presents recommendations to management based on analysis completed personally or by others who the incumbent may supervise
- Prepares at least one financial statement or public report (balance sheet, statement of cash flows, etc.)
- Responsible for most complex activities associated with general ledger, financial reports, and budget analysis
- Produces timely, accurate and reliable financial information, including preparation of P&L, balance sheets, and group consolidations
- May post accruals/prepayments, reconcile intercompany accounts, P&L and balance sheet accounts, capital expenditure controls & reporting, produce monthly consolidation reporting pack, produce statutory accounts, compute corporate tax (in conjunction with tax function) and/or analyze cost center reporting
- Reviews the work of and trains (formally or informally) less senior staff on financial compliance issues
May supervise day-to-day work of lower level employees
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration)
- 5 or more years of related work experience required
- Broad knowledge of accounting practices/principles and preparation of strategic recommendations to management
- Proficiency in MS Excel application and functions
- Risk Management and or claims experience a plus