Job Purpose: Responsible for working with the Controller to help maintain a sound accounting system, to include reporting, preparation of complex accounting reconciliations, and reviews of the monthly financial statements.
Job Duties Include:
- Perform and maintain all general accounting functions, which includes Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable.
- Assist with evaluating and identifying internal control weaknesses, and establish and implement internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Exercise compliance with external auditors for audited financial statements and income tax returns.
- Maintain financial records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Work with Program and Project Management to ensure accurate invoices are submitted in a timely fashion and accruals are recorded accurately when necessary.
- Work with management to ensure timely disbursements of Account Payable as dictated by the terms and conditions of each agreement.
- Oversee periodic timecard processing and labor/leave postings.
- Maintain user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis in Word, Excel, Outlook, and on-line search engines required. Previous experience reviewing and compiling financial statements. Familiarity with government contracting and related HR requirements. Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation and Cost Accounting Standards. Familiarity with Deltek Costpoint is preferred.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or similar discipline from an accredited institution as well as a minimum of two years of professional experience in an Accounting & Finance background. Experience in or work for the U.S. military is also highly desirable.