Position at Ashoka
Improving the lives of millions of people around the world each year, Ashoka, one of the Top 10 Non-Profit Organizations by Top 500 NGO’s, is expanding its team and looking for a Senior Accountant for our Washington, DC area headquarters. With a mission to provide social, cultural, and environmental leaders with the resources they need to succeed, this organization seeks to provide long-term change around the world. With offices in over 40 countries, and members in over 80 countries worldwide, Ashoka assists people of all ages, beliefs, and practices.
Ashoka is seeking a Senior Accountant for supporting audits, various accounting duties, and ad hoc duties, the Senior Accountant will embody their collaborative culture and must have the communication skills to necessary to building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting Ashoka's annual audits;
- Assisting with basic accounting duties;
- Working alongside the Finance Director/Global Controller on special projects;
- Supporting the Finance Director/Global Controller with overall financial management; reconciliations of monthly activity, generating monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports, fulfilling tax related requirements;
- Maintaining the company’s accounting functions; accounts payable, accounts receivable, posting transactions, reconciling entries, balancing bank ledgers;
- Recommending new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field is required;
- At least seven years of Accounting experience is a must;
- International accounting experience, specifically focused on intercompany transactions and foreign currency reconciliation;