Senior Accountant and SOX Consultant
5 - 7 years experience •
To assist with overseeing the Global Control Environment and improve our operations through risk management, controls, and policies. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and sound judgment.
1. Provide internal controls related knowledge and guidance to Finance and Operations SOX 404 Leads in APAC, EMEA/ACE, AMER and Latin America regions.
2. Work with Internal Audit to establish the Risk and Controls Matrix along with ensuring that the controls are embedded in the normal day-to-day processes.
3. Work with the Regional Teams to address and remediate accounting and finance control deficiencies through a formal documentation process.
4. Provide technical accounting guidance in collaboration with the Technical Accounting Team.
5. Help to maintain and administer the Company's global policies.
6. Work with the Oracle ERP implementation team to determine that the new system is compliant with internal controls and company policies.
7. Assist with the preparation of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for the Oracle ERP system.
8. Assist with the global balance sheet review process.
9. Assist with determining internal control and policy implications of ASC 606 Revenue Recognition and ASC 842 Lease Accounting standards.
10. Assist with the internal control deficiency exposure analysis.
11. Perform tests in certain SOX locations for specific areas that I/A could then rely on.
12. Implement education and training to ensure employees have adequate awareness and understanding of internal control standards.
13. Perform internal control reviews to assess the compliance of departments and individual employees.
* Experience in analyzing/implementing various regulations and policies in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, ServiceNow, Sharepoint) as well as general PC expertise
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills - the role will require interaction with a wide range of fellow employees, senior leaders, as well as auditors.
* Ability to independently research, analyze and interpret data
* High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
* Sound independent judgment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* 10-15% travel where needed
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
* Work environment includes: ADA compliant building, workstation in a well-lighted, air-conditioned office, computer, printer and fax supplied by
* The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
5-8 years of proven work experience
Public accounting work experience with some private accounting experience, a plus
High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
Lead or supervisory experience, preferred
System implementation experience, a plus
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting