Rich’s has been able to pull off something rare in the business world: a culture that successfully blends the latest business practices with family values. That means our associates are able to work for a great company while also benefiting from a work environment that fosters world class professionalism combined with family intimacy. Our benefit offerings are reflective of this unique blend of Life, Work and Family .
The Senior Accountant/Analyst will manage all Distribution Accounting activity for US/C and provide financial reporting relating to RPC Transportation and Warehousing. This position will also be responsible for management of the Capital Tracking Database ensuring accurate reporting of US/C capital assets and the management of the US/C Spoilage Allocation and Accounting.
Transportation and Warehousing Allocation and Accounting
- Complete all month-end accounting close functions relating to RPC US/C and TSB warehousing and transportation.
- Complete trial balance reconciliations for Corporate Accounting.
- Work with the Directors and Managers of Transportation, Warehousing and financial analyst to gain information on activity impacting distribution costs.
- Complete Year-end tasks relating to Distribution Accounting.
- Manage and maintain transportation and warehouse cost models
- Complete surrounding tasks relating to the integration of new businesses and systems.
- Oversee set up new default supply areas in SAP.
- Oversee and assist intern with responsibilities surrounding third-party invoices and pallet payment process.
- Work with RPC warehouse Managers to manage new and existing (external and internal) payment processes.
- Oversee freight payment process with 3rd party vendor. Assist with invoice discrepancies.
- Liaison between RPC and outside freight management company for issues relating to freight payment and reporting functions.
- Participate in business projects as they relate to RPC US/C distribution.
Capital Projects Maintenance
- Ensure validity and compliance with capital assets policies established by management.
- Process in SAP and record in Capital Tracking Database any new projects approved by management, ensuring proper usage of capital funds as presented to management.
- Complete monthly reporting of Capital Tracking Database to management showing approval of capital funds and monthly spending.
- Participate in the Capital Governance Team as a Finance Representative.
- Assist with Year-end fixed assets tasks including: Fixed Asset roll-forward, reconciliation of the Fixed Asset system to the general ledger, Footnote disclosures, etc.
Spoilage Allocation and Accounting
- Allocations completed for spoilage and variances
- Complete Year-end tasks relating to Spoilage Accounting
- 4 year degree in Accounting or MBA / advanced degree in relevant area.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Working knowledge of cost accounting principles, practices, and application.
- Working knowledge and understanding of transportation and warehouse activity.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Corporate Accounting units, Distribution, Logistics, Sales and Marketing Finance, and IT.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret financial data.
- Knowledge of cost information theory
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial results.
- Strong PC skills. Proficiency with Microsoft office. SAP experience preferred.