Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.,
one of the world's largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting and actuarial services. Gallagher also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services to clients around the world. We are searching for a Senior Accountant to join our corporate team. The Senior Accountant is
within the General Accounting area of the US Accounting department based in Rolling Meadows, IL. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for departmental accounting including our offshore operations to ensure that results are properly controlled and in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
The Senior Accountant will be part of the General Accounting group and will report directly to the General Accounting Manager. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, process, gather, and compile accounting transactions and documents throughout the month for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with general accounting principles and established internal control policies and procedures.
- Ensure financial integrity and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes.
- Partner with stakeholders across Corporate functions (HR, Marketing, Legal, etc.) to improve financial and accounting accuracy.
- Investigate and report on Home Office department variances to budget and prior year, assisting management to develop appropriate action plans addressing issues identified.
- Record and review journal entries related to the debt and various intercompany charges.
- Provide support for internal and external audits including control walkthroughs, documentation support and inquiry response.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate cross-functionally to meet strict project execution deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience in Financial Accounting or Public Accounting
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, financial data, internal consulting, and customer-focused communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to follow through on multiple tasks and priorities
- Good working knowledge of accounting standards, account reconciliations, and month end close processes
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of products; Advanced level skills in Excel
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently with precise detail and follow-up reporting
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or partial progress
- Financial analysis and budgeting experience
- Public company audit or accounting experience
- Good working knowledge of the insurance brokerage business
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof-of-work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function, including work from home flexibility) training programs, matching gift program, and more. Equal Opportunity Employer:
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.