Our company is in search of an experienced Accounting and Financial professional to learn and grow while providing valuable accounting insights on activities including corporate and regulatory accounting, technical accounting, financial reporting, and system implementations. The successful candidate will be highly motivated with their own career progression, enthusiastic about the success of the Company, and will have responsibilities for month-end and year-end closes and consolidations of domestic and foreign legal entities. The candidate will be interfacing with outside audit firms, banks, and internal stakeholders.
Our client is a leading global provider of technology services for the financial markets community. The Company provides a best-in-class portfolio of innovative, transparent, low-latency markets solutions coupled with an agile and expert service delivery model. Instant access to financial markets is provided globally with a comprehensive network platform instrumented natively with analytics and telemetry.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Assist in traditional controllership functions including the month-end and year-end close process. Assist with the financial reporting process. Review/prepare/post journal entries. Analyze and prepare account variances to trailing actuals/forecast.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and quarterly roll forward analytics as assigned.
- Prepares consolidated financial statements of the Company while analyzing sub-ledgers for understanding of business activity while ensuring adherence to US GAAP.
- Assist to enhance global technical accounting policies and procedures. Assist to create or revise accounting processes in the areas of accounts payable, financial reporting, etc. while looking to create efficiencies in workflows.
- Participate in the management of the treasury operations and cash management activities.
- Review technical accounting guidance and help to institutionalize through the global firm. Author technical accounting memorandums. Knowledge of ASC 606 (Revenue from Contracts with Customers), ASC 842 (Leases) and ASC 718 (Compensation- Stock Compensation) are all a plus
- Coordinate the preparation of reporting and adherence to ASC 470 (Debt) and debt covenant compliance.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP systems and participated in an ERP implementation is a plus
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Support the integrity of the general ledger and updates to the same.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- MBA is a plus
- CPA a must, with Big 4 public accounting experience, preferably coupled with Private experience