Overland-Tandberg has an opportunity for talented Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager with a passion for technology, collaboration and innovation. If you are a team player with a passion to succeed, respect for others and a determination to meet commitments and exceed expectations, Overland-Tandberg can be the right place for you to grow your career. Overland-Tandberg value proposition to enable public, private, or hybrid cloud strategies provides the client's employees across locations worldwide with the opportunity for professional growth and the ability to be a part of constant innovation in virtualization technologies and data management solutions. The main office is located in San Ramon, CA
The Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager will manage the general ledger, month end close, cost accounting and worldwide consolidation. The Accounting Manager ensures that the accounting transactions in these areas are performed in a controlled, timely and accurate manner. This person may also work on a variety of special projects as an individual contributor. This position reports to Corporate Controller.
- Manage the month-end close process, ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Oversee all aspects of the general ledger including chart of accounts, preparation and review of journal entries, accruals, allocations and account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reporting package for management.
- Ensure accounting policies, procedures and practices are established to enable the preparation of financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Manage cost accounting function, including inventory accounting, cost variance analysis, inventory management, etc.
- Coordinate quarterly reviews and annual audit with independent auditors, including audit support and documentation.
- Supervise 2-3 staff
- Assist in special projects as requested
REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS
- Minimum 4+ years of experience, mix of Big 4 public accounting and industry experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA license or CPA candidate a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAAP including ASC 606
- Supervisory experience in an accounting department is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required. Experience with ERP system (SAP, Net Suite) is preferred.
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.