The Senior Account & Relationship Executive, Federal Government role is an outside sales role that is responsible for generating revenue and/or profit margin to net new customers in mid to large-sized US Federal government accounts for Wolters Kluwer TeamMate. The Senior Account & Relationship Executive will leverage product and industry knowledge (e.g., Audit, TeamMate Solutions, Federal practices) to sell software solutions and professional services through cold calling and other prospecting activities. They are responsible for determining objectives and approaches to assignments and reporting weekly activity to the Director of Sales – Americas. This critical sales works in partnership with Sales Management and Marketing to achieve/exceed total sales objectives.
- Learn and maintain a deep understanding of Wolters Kluwer TeamMate solutions, customers, and the Audit industry by participating in formal/informal training sessions and self-directed learning; maintain a knowledge base of all processes, systems, and applications utilized within the department.
- Develop, negotiate and increase revenue by selling to and servicing mid to large-sized accounts which are often complex and somewhat difficult to close.
- Understand and manage the US Federal contracting process and adhere to the standards required within the US Federal government
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline of opportunities to achieve objectives through outreach to potential clients for sales and marketing purposes (e.g., Marketing provided leads/lists, cold calls, emails, off lists, etc.)
- Qualify and close prospective new/existing customers by developing an understanding of customer business needs and risk and compliance challenges; leverage knowledge of software and integrated solutions to identify sales opportunities; demonstrate product solutions via web-based applications.
- Analyze current target market and develop a sales plan based upon those analysis to achieve revenue targets.
- Make consultative sales calls and large boardroom type of presentations
- Effectively represent Wolters Kluwer within the industry and at trade shows/conferences, as required, by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting products, industry trends, and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiatives.
- Effectively collaborate with team members and management to improve processes and drive revenue/customer growth for the Americas Sales Region.
- Appropriately log, document, and update all sales activities within Salesforce, and other required systems, in a compliant, detailed, and timely manner.
- Appropriately address/escalate any/all discovered circumstances of potential risk, to management or to the customer, and/or customer dissatisfaction with a sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or related Field OR Equivalent years of Experience
Minimum Experience: 7+ years of outside sales experience and at least 4+ years selling solutions to the US Federal government.
Preferred Experience: Extensive successful experience in building long term relationships and agreements with major accounts.