At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses thrive through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
At Xero the customer is the cornerstone of everything we do. This role is responsible for recruiting new accounting partners (firms) using Xero’s proven and longstanding partner value proposition. Beginning with the creation and development of online cloud strategy business plans, you will build effective partner relationships to grow and generate new revenue for both the accounting firm and Xero.
You will ensure that each firm has the opportunity to grow through internal firm-wide education and peer-to-peer networking opportunities facilitated by you in the local community.
This role requires travel within the greater Dallas metropolitan area. The majority of your time will be spent in the field, meeting with prospective partners and hosting Xero events and certifications along with your community team.
Key characteristics of an ideal candidate: well-rounded, customer focused, delivers results in high growth environments, high emotional quotient, strong business acumen, effective communicator, quick learner and knowledgeable in accounting practice operations.
What you'll do
- Take a leading role in identifying and qualifying opportunities by prospecting and developing key relationships with accounting firms within your territory
- Recruit, educate and land new Xero accounting partners to grow our channel, leading to growth of our small business customer base
- Apply your selling and relationship management skills to drive high-complexity consensus sales, while also having the ability to foster organic growth within an existing partner when necessary
- Build strong relationships with our accounting partners through consultative selling techniques and a collaborative sales approach
- Generate 4x pipeline of qualified opportunities through the use of, but not limited to, proactive outbound call activity, drop-ins, emails, marketing campaigns and hosting events
- Enrich the Xero experience of our accounting partners through thought leadership and continuous education on how to grow their practice and leverage Xero
Success looks like
- Successfully recruit accounting partners representative of all tiers of the industry under our win, love, grow model
- Collaborate with our technical team to present end-to-end accounting workflow solutions
- Bring your community to life by facilitating peer-to-peer networking and partner recruit events
What you'll bring with you
- Understand the buyer: Enthusiasm for the emerging cloud accounting market and its new opportunities
- Building relationships: A natural tendency towards building mutually beneficial partnerships, with an ability to create quick, strong rapport with accountants and other stakeholders
- Drive for results: Results driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Effective communicator: Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Resilience & adaptability: Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- Collaboration & teamwork: Team-oriented, seeking to be part of a group whose impact is greater than the sum of its parts.
- 5+ years of relationship management & new business experience in a consultative selling environment
- Strong market knowledge of current accounting practice and SMB software competitor platforms
- A high level of awareness for the workings of an accounting practice and systems
- Bookkeeping/accounting experience a plus