About the role
Seeking an experienced relationship / account manager with a strong insurance background to support the Chief Marketing & Sales Officer. You will be in the unique position to nurture relationships for a mix of new and existing distribution partners. You will be responsible for ensuring success from on-boarding through launch and continue to develop the relationship as the partnerships and businesses grow over time. You will also be managing, reporting and tracking distribution partner results against our target KPIs and be held accountable for delivering on those targets.
You will be part of the Sales and Marketing team and will collaborate closely with colleagues across the organization including Operations, Pricing, Product, Technology, Compliance, and Finance.
About the team
We are a start-up unit, established to deliver innovative protection insurance solutions sold through partners to consumers. Our team delivers the coordination, infrastructure and competences that are key to driving forward this new business, working closely with our partners and clients.
You are interested in joining an energetic and ambitious team dedicated to changing the landscape of Life Insurance and closing the vast protection gap in America. You are genuinely passionate about the work you do, intensely curious and always strive to make things better. Below are some important capabilities and skills that will enhance your ability to succeed.
· Minimum of 7-10 years' experience in building strategic partnerships in the L&H insurance space.
· You offer sound knowledge of the insurance industry and common practices for individual life and health insurance products.
· Keen attention to detail in order to foster and manage relationships with our distributor partners.
· Ability to use qualitative and quantitative skills to evaluate new business partner opportunities.
· Ability to do clear, creative and compelling analysis of partner business in order to reportinternally and externally on the iptiQ results at a partner and portfolio level.
· Knowledge of financial commission models, life and health insurance products and data-based models.
· Experience in tactical sale strategies to promote business growth.
· Comfortable working with aggressive timelines and targets.
· Fantastic communication skills, including ability to "tell the story". This includes the ability to manage internal communications about distribution partner results and overall partner portfolio strategy.
· Knowledge of insurance marketing, specifically L&H insurance to the middle market is a plus.
· Good organizational skills in order to maintain a high quality due diligence function of distributors
· Strong commercial / negotiation skills
· Financial presentation capabilities is a plus.
· You have problem identification and problem solution skills
· Comfort communicating with clients face to face, on the phone and in writing is critical.
· Comfort working in a start-up environment where the pace is fast and the team is continuously evolving is also critical.
· You are a team player and build an atmosphere of co-operation within iptiQ and the wider Swiss Re. You share information and communicate openly and with ease