ob Title: Senior Account Manager
Job ID: MH69-19
Location: Virtual Office – California / Bay Area
Compensation: Base: $130 - $175 "range"
Total: $185 - $250K at plan/quota - Uncapped plan
Benefits: Excellent Benefits & relocation assistance available
Company and Position Summary:
A premier River Group client for over 20 years, this company has a nearly 100 year history of providing technical innovations that have altered the face of technology. With a rich tradition of offering hardware and software systems for all kinds of networking applications covering communications, automotive, aerospace & defense, mobile phones, data centers, etc. the company has built a brand known worldwide for dependability and performance.
About the Job:
- Location – Virtual office anywhere close to the Bay Area
- This is a Sr. Sales/Account Manager role delivering design wins for leading edge products and solutions in the optical component space. You are not limited and will be managing component manufacturers that serve a diverse set of markets like Healthcare, Automotive, Defense, Manufacturing, Mobile Networks, Communications and others. Examples: Active Illumination applications for cameras or optical filters for components found in missile guidance systems! Cool Right?
- The territory could be considered nationwide, but in reality the majority of the customers are in the Bay Area of CA. As a result the overnight travel is expected to fall closer to 30% increasing at times to 50%
- Due to growth, this is a newly created position that will offer the opportunity to take over and manage current accounts in addition to the prospecting responsibilities for design wins with new accounts.
- As the Account Manager you will manage the existing pipeline of opportunities from current and prospective customers to ensure that sales goals can be met. This includes qualification of opportunities within the pipeline, proper prioritization of activities, and management of time and commitments to ensure priority opportunities move through the sales cycle.
- You are looking for DESIGN WINS and should become uniquely aware of your customer's product development roadmap, overall market trends and communicate those requirements to internal product teams.
- Delivering accurate sales forecasts and reports and document sales funnel in customer relationship management system
- Maintain awareness of market conditions/trends & your competitor's products. .
- 5+ years' experience in optics or thin film products, in either a technical or sales role managing Commercial OEM accounts.
- BS degree in a relevant technical field is preferred, but relevant technical sales experience with a business degree (for example) will not be overlooked.
- Experience in applications of thin film optical coatings, optical components, lasers, sensors, 3D Sensing, Lidar, Spectrometry, or optical systems is highly desirable.
- Successful past performance in sales/capture/business development in commercial sectors (e.g., developing customer relationships, account strategies, developing a qualified pipeline, building industry relationships, and leading capture & proposal activities)
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with high level technical and business managers at key customers.
- Self-starter, strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate easily and effectively with customers as well as within the organization.
- Travel requirement will range from 30 – 50%