Senior Account Manager
Advertising | New York
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
The Role and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Account Manager you will manage a small team and support ad sales AEs. Senior Account Managers atRoku are involved in each step of pre- and post- sales from RFP response to billing.
- Serve as the lead day-to-day POC for advertiser/ad agency relationships
- Project manage pre-sales process including preparing the RFP response, maintaining SFDC records, collecting assets, and submitting the deal for internal approvals.
- Partner closely with Ad Ops on campaign activations, optimization and frequent monitoring & reporting – including external and internal campaign updates, recaps & useful insights, screen grabs, and video captures.
- Partner closely with Ad Sales Marketing and Ad Research to develop case studies, stay informed on new offerings, and curate targeted client lists for first-to-market opportunities.
- Partner closely with the Inventory & Yield Manager on avails and feasibility of upcoming addressable campaigns
- Provide regularly scheduled communications and campaign updates with clients and internal stakeholders – you are responsible for keeping all parties informed and on schedule, a monumental and complex task
- Serve as the liaison between the client Roku creative services and ad operation teams – support Roku best practices on design and approach for assets.
- Collaborate with ad sales AEs on new business sales presentations and QBRs, thoughtful & creative media plans, and custom ideation, including leading the charge on upsells.
- Develop a keen understanding of how the Roku platform and unique ad products will deliver brand value in support of the clients advertising goals
- Achieve a thorough understanding of all internal systems involved in responding to client requests; including finance, billing, campaign delivery, etc. Work closely with the FP&A, Accounting and Billing teams on monthly and quarterly close processes.
- 5+ years experience in account management/client services at an ad tech company or media planning at an agency
- Experience in display and video advertising with a premium publisher or agency
- Experience with website and app analytics tools like GA, Omniture
- Experience with Salesforce, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiar with commercial digital ad serving tools for video and display
- Analytical, project management, deadline-drive, and process-oriented personality
- Self starter, comfortable working in fast-paced, growing environment
- RFP, pre-sale experience preferred
- Collaborator mentality, willing to proactively work with coastal markets to gain insights and grow marketplace
Characteristics of success at Roku:
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed