Headquartered in Fenton, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis, Vanliner Insurance Company is a member of Great American Insurance Group. For over 30 years, Vanliner has grown to become the country’s top insurance provider for the moving and storage, parcel and home delivery industries.
Our mission since day one, has been to provide first-class insurance products and unparalleled customer service to all of our customers.
Our success is driven by the expertise, innovation and commitment to customer service that our employees provide. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
- Has responsibility for developing a productive agency plant / territory.
- Develops marketing plan for assigned territory, taking into consideration the strengths and weaknesses of the agency plant / territory and competitors, divisional objectives and overall market conditions.
- Prospects, appoints and manages agency relationships to achieve production and profitability objectives.
- May develop and execute agency action plans for achieving individual agency objectives.
- Reviews and analyzes agents' production and results. Implements and may recommend appropriate corrective measures; including modification or cancelation of agency appointments.
- Acts as a liaison between company and producer in solving problems.
- Markets company products and services to existing and prospect agencies.
- Interprets and explains products, facilities, practices and services.
- Gathers, analyzes and maintains competitive information. Makes appropriate recommendations based on competitive landscape.
- As appropriate for line of business: Has responsibility for profit-oriented risk selection / rejection and pricing decisions within designated authority on moderately complex to complex multi-line risks.
- Has responsibility for profit-oriented risk selection / rejection and pricing decisions within designated authority on moderately complex to complex multi-line risks.
- Monitors aggregate quality and pricing for book of business in assigned territory.
- Monitors persistency, placement and agent / agency debt.
- Uses independent judgment and initiative to achieve business goals.
- Maintains a high level of customer service.
- Binds risks in field, within level of authority, and performs risk appraisals.
- May take an active role, as needed, for large and / or complex accounts during upstart and / or critical periods in order to assist agents in producing business.
- Has responsibility for building and maintaining effective business relationships with internal and external customers / coworkers in order to attract and retain profitable business.
- Ensures consistency across the team when communicating with / responding to agents and brokers.
- Administers and applies insurance laws and regulations and as appropriate, underwriting rules, guidelines and rating manual rules.
- Identifies opportunities for and may spearhead development of new business and / or programs.
- Leads the work of others (mentors, prioritizes, delegates and reviews assignments).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline
Experience: 3 to 5 years of related experience. Progression toward certification in area of expertise preferred; appropriate certifications could include Associate in Underwriting (AU), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), Program in General Insurance (INS) or Associate of Risk Management (ARM). For annuity business, FINRA Series 6 required.