McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. Our consumer products division serves retail grocery customers and emerging channels with Club House, Billy Bee and McCormick products, while our Custom Flavour Solutions division serves food service distributors and other respected food manufacturers across Canada. McCormick Canada is part of the world leader in spice and seasonings, McCormick & Company Inc.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick's success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees, our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers and our employees is unsurpassed.
As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick Canada offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. Benefits include:
- Competitive vacation plan
- Retirement savings plan
- Competitive salaries
- Medical and dental benefits
- Financially successful & stable, industry leader
- Profit sharing plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Formalized reward & recognition program
- Employee assistance program
- Stock purchase plan
- Head office is located in beautiful London, Ontario approximately 1.5 hours away from our Mississauga location
McCormick Canada is currently looking to hire an Account Manager to join our Industrial Sales team. This position is located at our Mississauga location.
The Industrial Account Manager works to secure growth opportunities by actively soliciting and managing fully qualified product development projects, and also seeking out and qualifying new ingredient opportunities. Additionally, this role must communicate effectively and efficiently with key contacts at all assigned accounts. It will be their responsibility to promote and facilitate communications and relationship building between McCormick contacts and their counterparts within appropriate functional groups. The Account Manager is responsible for building relationships within the Purchasing, Development, Quality and Marketing organizations within each account, managing annual product and pricing reviews and maximizing profitability at each account, and work continuously to increase the efficiency and the effectiveness of every interaction between McCormick and all assigned accounts.
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical business plans for Strategic and/or Critical customers within the territory and for all critical projects throughout the year, gaining approval with management and other key stakeholders
- Establish in-depth working relationships and manage activities at all levels within Purchasing, Supply Chain, Marketing, Technical, and Operations
- Prioritize projects within account and independently manage project activity across all product lines
- Independently implement and develop measures for success against business plan and report progress to customer and McCormick management
- With Sales management involvement, develops customer pricing strategy to maximize business and profits
- Be viewed as a critical contact for McCormick and drive customer penetration through innovation and proactive customer intimacy
- Minimum BA required in Business, Food Science, or related field
- MBA is preferred
- 8-10 years food industry sales experience or sale experience in an adjacent industry with a similar selling environment
- Business to business sales experiences is preferred
- Acceptable driving record, including a valid driver’s license is required
- Working knowledge of technical aspects of products, i.e. nomenclature, applicability within customer's manufacturing process, substitution choices, new discoveries, etc.
- Developed and demonstrable critical thinking skills and business acumen
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills that are clear, concise, and appropriate in timing and directed to appropriate levels.
- Proven project management skills in a sales cycle from six weeks to eighteen months
- Manage limited internal resources and prioritize appropriately
- Ability to be innovative and take risks to drive new initiatives and new business
- Travel is required for customer and business meetings.