CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Responsible for sales account development within an established geographic territory for a complex suite ofservices and robust product sets to drive sales, increase brand awareness, and grow a specific territory.
- Responsible for developing sales in the designated target market(s) by identifying new sales opportunities with prospective enterprise customers headquartered in the region by cold calling, premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer appointments.
- After winning new business, manages customer relationships in order to gain strategic positioning with decision makers, retain existing revenue and obtain additional business.
- Develop and implement sales plans that provide clearly defined strategies, tactics and timeframes to maximize revenue. Take ownership of the geographic territory designated by management.
- Continually learn and develop knowledge of new technologies and selling points including enhancing expertise in thecompany's products and solutions.
- Utilize Siebel & Salesforce.com to provide accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Proven experience in solution selling IP, data, and voice network services.
- Proven experience in hunting, prospecting, and new account development.
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
- Demonstrated strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills as well as ability in selling to the close.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
- 5+ years of sales experience
Bachelors or Equivalent in Business or Marketing