At CenturyLink our employees are our most valuable asset; many employees have built successful careers at CenturyLink, growing with us as we have expanded to serve new markets with new technologies. We value the highest ethical standards applied to a positive work environment and seek out people with new perspectives as we acquire talent in careers that will support our continued growth.
Joining the CenturyLink Field Sales team is an excellent opportunity for you to work in the competitive technology solutions industry.
The CenturyLink Field Sales organization is comprised of our outside sales teams and our account manager teams all of which work in our local markets in a variety of consumer and small business sales segments. You will have an opportunity to learn our dynamic business and work with field based partners and resources. You will work directly with our customers to provide solutions that improve lives, strengthen businesses, and connect communities by delivering advanced technologies and solutions with honest and personal service.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base pay based on your experience and skills
- Generous sales incentives
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance
- Paid time off & paid holidays
- Wellness rewards
- Discounts on CenturyLink and partner products and services
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement (after one year of service)
- Exciting career opportunities and career development
Senior Account Manager – BDP/MDU
The Senior Account Manager – BDP/MDU leads a geographic territory to build CenturyLink’s market position within a specific vertical customer segment of Multiple Dwelling Units (MDU) and Builder/Developer Programs (BDP). This position is responsible for strategic selling to new customers and renewing relationships with existing customers who directly own and or control a property (such as apartments, condos, assisted living etc).
- Works closely with planning and engineering workgroups to coordinate design and implementation of new developments
- Build a comprehensive sales strategy with General Manager of AREA to grow CenturyLink’s market share within Multiple Dwelling Units and Builder/Developer Programs and actively maintain sales funnel using a variety of tools, including Salesforce.com
- Identify and target new construction for single family and MDU developments and coordinate cross functionally to provide a competitive CenturyLink solution. Internal cross functional coordination is key to ensure customer needs are met and internal capabilities align
- Actively work to build and maintain strong relationships with builders, developers, property owners, property managers, homeowner associations, consultants and any party that can positively impact CenturyLink’s ability to grow its business
- Provide end to end customer experiences to differentiate CenturyLink in the market. Including rapid response times for new opportunities and active troubleshooting on customer opportunities and challenges to meet customer needs
- Ensure contracts are executed and implemented properly, including the placement of CenturyLink marketing materials and acquisition programs. Actively participate in on property events and programs to build and maintain market share of voice, data and video services
- Work with builders, developers, property owners, property managers, homeowner associations, and others to execute press releases and other localized advertising programs as required
- Be active in the community supporting the building of a positive CenturyLink brand and enabling the advancement of CenturyLink’s market growth
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience.
- 6+ years related experience
- Account management experience.
- Able to demonstrate prior experience developing quality leads, including cold calling, active participation in trade associations, etc.
- Proven track record of successful professional sales experience.
- Working knowledge of building/construction industry and related terminology.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with contracts and contract negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and remain motivated.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to include product demonstrations, and executive selling skills.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (MVR)
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft office suite of services (email, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc…)
- Able to travel locally extensively, 60%+ of the time