Senior Account Executives
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for checking the accuracy of policies, endorsements, audits, etc. received from the various insurance companies.
Responsible for the daily correspondence, email, faxes, mail and policy checking, maintaining up to date file correspondence, telephone communication for assigned accounts.
Handle not only conventionally insured products but also self-funded, minimum premium and level funding.
Performs marketing functions for all new and renewal business.
Prepares renewal proposals for presentation to client, as well as new business proposals which are subject to peer review prior to delivery to client.
Responsible for follow up with clients for required and relevant information.
Completes coverage checklists and makes recommendations.
Recommends new and additional coverages and obtains quotes.
May visit clients to review insurance programs or new products.
Conducts annual open enrollment meetings.
Maintains tasks in accordance with department guidelines.
Must maintain coverage for teammate under the Peer Review program in his/her absence.
Responsible for inputting account detail into the Agency Management system.
Responsible for following the procedures of the department including but not limited to renewals, marketing, proposals, schedules, client meetings, timing parameters, updating tasks, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* NYS Life & Health License Required
* Minimum ten years experience in a comparable position handling straight insurance products with some knowledge of ancillary coverage.
* Must be computer literate with proficiency in basic Word and Excel skills.
* College degree preferred.
* CEBS or other professional designation a plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
* Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
* Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
* Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
* Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
* Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
* Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands for computer work and writing, and the ability to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.