Senior Account Executive
Sales | New York, NY
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
Our latest launch, GroundTruth Ads Manager, is the industry’s only location-first self-serve buying platform, enabling partners a more efficient and transparent way to drive offline performance for their clients. Ads Manager combines all of the advanced targeting and insights that has recognized GroundTruth as the leader in location, all in one easy to use buying platform.
In this role on our North America sales team, you will work across multiple different advertising agency and brand-direct clients to generate revenue through GroundTruth’s Ads Manager platform. This role will work in tandem and jointly with our existing sales team in a partnership capacity. You will be a unique and versatile platform specialist within GroundTruth’s sales organization.
- Develop and cultivate leads and strategic relationsihps through the entire sales cycle (from qualifying to negotiating and closing).
- Present Groundtruth’s platform value proposition to clients through all outlets (phone, online, and in-person), and become an expert in all aspects of GroundTruth’s business and platform solutions.
- Explain our technology in a way that translates well, ranging from clients and audiences that are tech-literate to those who requirecomplexities broken down in a thoughtful, accessible way.
- Use creative sales techniques and strategies, being able to pivot direction quickly and also deftly handle objections.
- Meet monthly sales targets according to sales plan.
- Participate in sales meetings and explain market feedback to GroundTruth’s senior leaders.
- A creative and self-sufficient problem solver that can find solutions to common day-to-day situations.
- A top-notch communicator who is adept at influencing, persuading and conveying ideas in a meaningful way to secure commitment and support from others, while generating excitement and enthusiasm.
- Able to think strategically and translate that strategy into effective tactics.
- Skilled at creating partnerships and have a talent for consultative selling, and the ability to “push back” gracefully.
- Competitive, collaborative, and self-motivated
- Able to hit and exceed quarterly revenue expectations.
- A team player that contributes during team meetings, share market/product knowledge with the larger team and step up to help team members.
- Passionate about GroundTruth’s culture and are prepared to contribute and help further develop the culture of the sales team and the broader company culture.
- 5-8 years of experience in an advertising agency, ad tech company, or media sales.
- Experience selling a self-serve ad platform (demand, supply, or data-based), SaaS, or similar platform or technology component.
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile vendors across advertising networks, rich media vendors, mobile payments, etc. is preferred but not required.
- Large range of existing relationships and contacts with agencies and advertisers or the ability to create them.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both in person and over the phone.
- A “get it done, no matter what” mentality.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, an atte