Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2016 and 2017, Forbes magazine named Verisk Analytics to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list and to its America’s Best Large Employers list. If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us.
Are you a self-starter, a go-getter, a deal maker? At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work; create a positive, lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
ISO, a unit of Verisk Analytics, is an insurance solutions company specializing in analytics, information and decision support for the property and casualty insurance industry. We are a publicly traded company (VRSK) with over 40 years’ experience as the industry leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk.
Our ISO Underwriting business is revolutionizing the insurance industry through innovative data, analytics and software solutions to address pricing, underwriting, and risk assessment risk challenges every P&C insurer faces in today’s competitive market.
We are looking for an innovative, entrepreneurial, energetic, and proven sales professional to fill an opening for the position of Senior Account Executive, Canada. This role is designed to help us grow our presence for ISO rating, underwriting, and analytic solutions for the entire Canadian insurance market. The right person for the job will be able to quickly learn our business, our sales process and methodologies to disrupt customers’ thinking and build consensus for our solutions to secure deals.
- Design and implement sales strategies to ensure we meet our revenue objectives by growing new and existing accounts.
- Use insight and consultative selling techniques to teach customers about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their business, leading to Verisk solutions.
- Research prospective customer organizations to identify appropriate customer stakeholders to sell to
- Coach customer stakeholders to build consensus for Verisk solutions within their organization
- Maintain and keep up to date with sales territory activity, notes, call reports and opportunities within Salesforce.com CRM, and use customer intelligence for account planning
- Develop project proposals for pilots and long term contractual relationships
- Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges to lead to successful close of business
- Provide timely feedback to both management and marketing on developing industry trends, new product ideas and competitive intelligence
- Facilitate periodic status meetings with all levels of management on existing account activities
- Must have 7 to 10 years experience and successful track record within a complex sales environment
- Comfortable with talking to a wide range of decision influencers and the ability to coordinate and secure buy-in from internal stakeholders and motivators
- Able to articulate our rating, underwriting, and analytic solutions value proposition, insights and engage customers in jointly addressing business priorities and objectives
- Must have prior success calling on company executives in a highly competitive marketplace
- Able to quickly gain knowledge of your customers’ business and discuss issues from multiple angles
- Able to quickly understand the customer decision-making process and influence key decision makers
- Team Selling within multiple sale disciplines
- Solid understanding of the P&C industry
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Professional Training Program experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office a plus
- Successful track record negotiating six figure plus multi-year contracts
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% of the time.
Job ID: 20171030-10279-EF