Senior Account Executive
– San Francisco, California
Spark is looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our team! Spark is a leader in the tech industry providing Public Relations and Marketing services to the world’s best-known technology innovators—from blockchain and cryptocurrencies to SaaS to mobile apps and more.
Senior Account Executives are the hub of all activity on their accounts. They have day-to-day responsibility for keeping things running smoothly, ensuring deadlines are met and overseeing junior team members.
This position reports to a Performance Manager and P&L Manager.
- Visibility into every program on several tech accounts, including ownership and deliverables
- Solid media relations skills and the ability to deliver high-visibility wins for your clients – activities that include pitching and securing media opportunities, writing (media pitches, press releases and speaker submissions) as well as coordinating tours and campaigns
- Strong strategic skills and ability to interact effectively with client executives, consistently demonstrating understanding of client business, market and competitive situation
- Knowledge of major industry trends affecting clients, the events driving news cycles and ability to proactively exploit them on behalf of clients
- Ability to effectively coordinate and work both up and down within teams
- Contribute to new business pitches through research, brainstorming and program creation
- Effectively present at new business meetings and pitches
- Actively manage productivity and find ways to make tangible agency contributions
- Track non-billable and client billable time daily
- 3-4 years of professional experience in public relations or communications-related field
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, English or communications-related field
- Solid relationships with press, and a proven track record of great coverage
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects from start to finish
- Creative and a self-starter
- Strong writing skills – able to develop great pitches, press releases, PR plans, etc., and be able to deliver client ready material