FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, has an immediate opening for a creative, hands-on social media marketing manager to join our Boston Social + Innovation practice as a Senior Account Executive. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a passionate, proactive communications professional with strong social media and digital skills to be a part of an innovative team that serves a range of Healthcare, Tech, B2B and Consumer clients. The ideal candidate will be a linchpin on the Boston Social + Innovation team and instrumental in executing best-in-class work across growing high-profile accounts.
We are looking for an empathetic thinker with a passion for building social programs that are laser-focused on the wants and needs of our audiences. Part strategist, part maker, the ideal candidate will understand how to build a social media campaign that drives results and possess experience in creating compelling social content.
Primary responsibilities include brainstorming creative concepts, building social media campaigns, copywriting for social, blog writing, liaising with the creative team, and overseeing community management and crisis escalation. This candidate will ensure all activities are integrated across workstreams and ladder up to strategic communications plans. The role will involve interacting with clients on a regular basis.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Create and execute day-to-day social and digital deliverables, including content creation, distribution and oversight, as well as project and account management.
- Develop organic/paid social and digital activation plans in collaboration with others to support integrated branded and unbranded social reputation campaigns, as well as social executive programs.
- Plan and develop social media content calendars.
- Provide direction to designers and videographers on the development of video and imagery to bring content marketing programs to life.
- Publishing content via social media software tools.
- Light social graphic design using simplified design tools like Canva.
- Provide strategic counsel to internal and external clients related to social approach, reactive communications, and emerging platforms and trends.
- Analyze organic and paid media program performance and provide detailed analysis and updates to account teams and clients.
- Identify, cultivate, and manage high-level relationships with influencers and industry experts as needed.
- Research social communities and trends; stay abreast of industry news and implications for social media.
- Develop and monitor programs to ensure on-time, high-quality client deliverables; report status to client and agency management on a regular basis.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- 3-6 years of experience in developing and executing social media communications strategies and programs.
- Passionate about storytelling, communications and creating engaging experiences.
- Demonstrated hands-on social media execution experience (community management, content development, blog outreach, paid social executions) across all platforms and communication channels, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, especially in creating content and managing social channels for brands on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will translate business and marketing objectives into creative and compelling copy.
- Experience with social executive program development and execution.
- Ability to absorb a high volume of information and be comfortable with providing quick counsel on editorial/response recommendations to clients.
- Possesses a passion for social media and speaking on behalf of a brand.
- Experience with social media monitoring tools (Talkwalker, StatSocial, etc.)
- Experience with social media management systems/platforms is preferred (i.e., Sprinklr, Spredfast, Percolate, Hootsuite).
- Light design or video production experience, a plus
- Energetic self-starter who has a sense of responsibility and the ability to work with a team or independently.