Candidates should have experience working in education or have a background in science, business or law issues. Additionally, candidates should have a demonstrated success in media outreach, contacts with reporters, and experience building and leading traditional and social media relations programs, along with excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills.
We offer a people-oriented, collaborative environment and an opportunity to grow and learn from colleagues.
- Devise creative strategies to maximize traditional and digital/social media
- Secure media attention for clients
- Participate in all elements of media outreach, e.g., identifying appropriate reporters/outlets for pitching, securing placements in top-tier mainstream outlets and relevant trades developing long-term relationships with key beat reporters; swiftly capitalizing on breaking/trending news to provide expert commentary
- Develop client content, including varied media materials based on client and faculty interviews, online content and internal client materials (e.g., Q&A, interview prep materials)
- Provide clients with clear and consistent communications and provide counsel to clients.
- Deliver high-quality results that meet and exceed client goals
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree
- Minimum four years' agency experience (work on higher education-related clients a plus) or in a Communications role at a college/university or education or cause-related nonprofit
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of a range of media outlets – and depth of coverage results for major outlets. Established contacts at national media outlets preferred
- Experience creating and executing traditional and social media strategies and campaigns
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously