The Senior Account Executive is responsible for day-to-day client contact and the implementation of integrated business communications program activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a keen understanding of distinct B2B and B2C audiences and the ability to develop/execute business communications programs that engage these audiences.
- Proactively generate new story ideas based on industry trends and business insights.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential trade, consumer and business journalists to secure media placements on behalf of clients.
- Actively collaborate with creative, digital and other agency specialists to enhance storytelling.
- Develop and edit a wide range of content, including news releases, technical and feature articles, Q&As, e-mail copy, social content, infographics, presentations, collateral, internal communications, key messages, media backgrounders, etc.
- Provide analysis of program success and results against program objectives.
- Anticipate client needs and offer proactive counsel and recommendations.
- Have excellent project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Actively manage program budgets.
- Travel to events and meetings with clients/executives as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years agency or corporate communications experience; experience in B2B is a plus.
- Must possess a BS/BA in journalism, public relations, communications or marketing. Other related fields will be considered.
- Proven ability to generate a high volume of media coverage.
- Exceptional content development/storytelling skills across traditional, digital, social and creative channels.
- Strong understanding of the integration of traditional, digital, social and creative to engage audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with clients, media and co-workers in a proactive, timely and professional manner.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply creative thinking and confident risk taking to solve problems and provide solutions that achieve results.
- Thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
- Experience managing and/or coaching junior staff is a plus.