The Senior Account Executive will be responsible for penetrating new accounts and leveraging existing customer relationships to meet quarterly and annual sales goals. This person will work closely with a dedicated Sales Engineer to identify, penetrate and win new business. A proven approach to complex, strategic account selling along with IT Service Management and/or Compliance software experience are critical to this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have a proven tracked record selling Enterprise Software solutions to Financial Services, Property & Casualty, Retail and Technology Firms
- Ability to build, create and enhance trusted relationships with leading regional software resellers
- Proven experience developing strategic account mapping within a territory
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships and implement/execute strategies for expanding the company's customer base.
- Successful experience selling into Fortune 1000 accounts utilizing a strategic sales methodology (e.g., MEDDIC, Power-Based Selling, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to exceed quarterly sales objectives with a good combination of focused activity in the field, strategic thinking, resourcefulness and tactical implementation
- Sell directly to end customers while simultaneously building and supporting partner channel and Value Added Resellers.
- Work closely with sales manager to define optimal performance measurements to reach sales goals.
- Great listener with excellent communication and presentation skills are a MUST
Education and Qualifications:
- 10 + years of successful experience in the Enterprise IT software in a B2B Enterprise environment.
- Experience with ITSM, APM, ERP and Monitoring solutions.
- Start-up or Emerging growth company experiencepreferred.
- History of exceeding personal and team quota.
- Strong computer and written communications skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com, WebEx and other SFA and social networking tools
- A self-starter with the ability and drive to work in a high-growth, dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- BS/BA Degree in Business or Economics preferred
- Ability to travel extensively