Description of Duties:
- Present, negotiate and successfully close client renewals. Includes carefully analyzing the renewal prior to release to the client, developing a renewal strategy and preparing material to suppthe renewal proposal including handling all sales presentations.
- Routinely visit clients and/or their consultants, and keep clients informed of issues that may impact benefits and rates. Oversee and manage the administration of the client's benefit plan by initiating follow-up to resolution of all service inquiries involving claims, membership, billing, and interpretation of contract provisions, benefits/plan design, and other administrative requests originating from client groups in a timely fashion. Focus on client satisfaction, retention and growth by collaborating effectively with other areas of EmblemHealth to proactively prevent and resolve issues as needed.
- Present client Statements of Experience and other claims/utilization reports that highlight the value proposition of the plan.
- Actively participate in the organizing and execution of sales campaigns such as annual reopeners for the purpose of increasing membership. Develop strategies to identify growth opportunities within assigned client groups to upsell additional coverage and lines of business.
- Remain current with EmblemHealth's benefits and capabilities, industry trends, competitive strategies and governmental regulations. Ensure State licensure requirements are met and up to date.
- Generate reports to management that communicate accurate, complete and current information on account status including competitive intelligence.
- Work with community, civic and professional organizations to present information on health care issues, promoting a positive corporate image as well as attending client functions after business hours.
- In a timely and accurate manner, maintain records, prepare reports and written correspondence, direct materials, complete forms and documents.
- Work with Client Associate on more complex customer issues. Act as a team lead on assigned book of business
- SME on process improvement issues for Account Management. Represent Account Management in internal meetings by assuming an active role.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a health insurance field
- Knowledge of full Emblem suite of products along with in-depth knowledge of health insurance industry
- Experience handling groups with more than 1,000 members, preferred
- Knowledge in pricing and underwriting, financial arrangements, benefit programs and utilization management
- Licensed NYS Health Agent
- Excellent consulting, presentation, negotiation and selling skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Communicate external market feedback to senior leadership of sales/marketing
- Active leader, with clear understanding of market and EmblemHealth's position in market
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V.