As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
As a quota-based, direct SAP Database & Data Management AE, the D&DM AE will develop a strategy and execute a sales plan resulting in license sales revenue wins with strategic accounts.
At a product level, the D&DM AE must develop and maintain an awareness of SAP’s current and future Database and Data Management products (Sybase, HANA, EIM, cloud platform and Middleware), acting as a knowledgeable resource for customers. The D&DM AE must be able to articulate SAP’s value proposition within the competitive landscape of relational, columnar and in-memory database technologies. The D&DM AE will need to understand how database integration (ETL) and quality solutions add value to an enterprise IT landscape. This individual will also need to understand how these technologies tie into a larger enterprise portfolio ranging from master data management to enterprise portals and business applications.
The D&DM AE will be focused on driving innovation into customer accounts. A key component of the success of this role relies upon the AEs ability to learn and articulate how SAP can drive innovation into accounts, in order to improve revenue, margin and market position. The AE will be supported by SAP resources, to communicate and quantify the vision for the customer – the AE will be the leading story teller in the process
The D&DM AE will work closely with other support resources (including presales, global sales support) to achieve their objectives. This role is part of the SAP Database & Data Management Organization and will report into a regional leader.
Expectations and Task of Job:
* Demonstrate the business benefits and value proposition of SAP Database, Data Management and Technology solutions
* Collaborate with support resources to maximize D&DM revenue
* Match SAP products and solutions to customer business pains and challenges
* Identify areas of innovation within the client base, and then drive resources to prove out the innovation and its business value for the customer
* Manage a number of complex sales opportunities simultaneously
* Win complex sales deals in a competitive environment to achieve sales targets
* Maintain broad and deep knowledge of SAP D&DM portfolio, as well as industry trends
Experience selling Database, Data Management and/or Technology solutions to large Enterprises. Experienced in SAP or Sybase Database & Data Management products preferred. Management of large, complex sales cycles with a minimum 2M quota. Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact at the CXO level. Experience in both hunting for new business and managing existing accounts.
Education and Qualifications/Skills and Competencies:
* Minimum of 5 years of similar working experience
* Possess hands-on knowledge of SAP, Sybase, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, Teradata, Informatica, MapR, Cloudera, Hortonworks or other associated database and data management technology
* Good understanding of Software/Systems/Database architecture
* Ability to forecast/ manage sales expenses, and successfully close new business
* Proven problem resolution, communication, planning & organizing, execution skills
* Business development, prospecting and presentation skills
* Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development
* Bachelor’s Degree
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
Requisition ID: 153946