Throughout the years, Nielson, Hoover & Company has developed a deep understanding of the construction industry. This knowledge allows us to provide superior services and comprehensive solutions to minimize the risks inherent of the construction industry. We have the capacity and experience it takes to support the largest national contractors and the hometown knowledge and personal service to ensure mid to small size contractors receive the same attention to detail.
We are currently looking to add our team with an exciting opportunity as a Senior Account Executive– Commercial at Nielson, Hoover & Company, an Acrisure Agency Partner. This position will be responsible for the retention of an assigned book of business of existing clients as well as assisting producers in securing new business in accordance with the objectives and procedures of Nielson, Hoover & Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and direct renewal strategy internally with producer/team and gain client commitment.
- Participate in proposal and risk management presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Work with clients to obtain sufficient information to prepare renewal submissions.
- Review clients’ operational, contractual and financial exposure to loss.
- Work with clients to ensure favorable contractual risk transfer/contract review.
- Review insurance policies and contracts.
- Cross-sell other lines of coverage not currently written to existing clients
- Develop and monitor client service plans in conjunction with claims and loss control.
- Customize stewardship reports annually with feedback from clients.
- Manage the accuracy, quality and timelines of team’s ongoing daily service including: premium allocations, invoicing, acquisitions, policy changes, contract requirements, etc.
- Understand and deliver per location premium allocation spreadsheets as needed.
- Manage Account Receivables to agency standards and facilitate collection from clients.
- Work independently or with other team leaders on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Utilize external and internal resources to educate the team.
- Build upon NHC’s policies and procedures to create efficiencies.
- Apply problem solving techniques to various agency, client & insurance company issues.
- Communicate clearly with team members, producers, and COO on daily service and renewal responsibilities as well as problematic situations and client updates.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- College Degree or the recognized equivalent in education and experience, preferred
- P&C insurance license, required
- Minimum 10 years relevant Commercial Lines/Construction experience, required with experience working mid-size and large accounts
- Professional designations- CRIS, CPCU, ARM preferred
- Knowledge of construction specialty products preferred, Builder’s Risk, OCIPs and CCIPs, etc.
- Applied Epic or similar agency management software experience, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision; able to accept direction on given assignments.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Excellent phone etiquette, written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate a client’s needs and questions and simplify insurance for them
- Demonstrated superior presentation and relationship skills in this highly client interactive role.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment with strong customer service skills.
- Ability to travel regionally for client visits.
- Experience with a broker/agent, including marketing large middle market accounts to carriers
- Strong knowledge of all basic P&C coverages with a focus on Property/Builder’s Risk, General Liability, Umbrella/Excess Liability, and Professional Liability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.