Senior Account Director, Business Development- PPD Biotech- West Coast - 142483
This pivotal role will secure and retain new business for PPD Biotech through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities directed at decision-makers and decision influencers at existing and new clinical sponsors within the Biotech market. The Senior Account Director willposition PPD as a primary or preferred provider for all clinical development work to be outsourced. This role will liaise between sponsor and company on all business development activities and requirements.
PPD Biotech is looking for a proactive, strategically thinking Business Development Director, witha proven track record of successfully securing new business within the clinical industry, preferablywithin the Biotech market.
The Senior Account Director will use market intelligence and personal relationships to target those biotech companies best aligned to engage with PPD and will have the ability to build bespoke strategies to develop and foster these relationships at all stages of the business cycle.
You will obtain firm project/task commitments that will meet or exceed authorization targets thatwill be established annually by the corporation.
- Bachelors degree in science or business, or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (5+ yearsexperience).
- Substantial sales experience in a CRO, Pharmaceutical, Med Device or Biotech environment
- A proven track record at mid and high level business contacts
- The ability to build relationships and fully integrate with internal functions such as Operations, Finance, Bids & Contracts, Marketing and Medical and follow-up to expand relationships and business opportunities.
- The ability to identify and develop sales leads, professionally present capabilities, managethe sales process through to close and handle all aspects of contract negotiations.
- The ability to build strong bid defense teams, can organize and coach people to win in competitive situations
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Scientific and/or sales or marketing background
- Work is performed in an office and/or laboratory and/or clinic environment with exposure toelectrical office equipment.
- Frequently drives to site locations and clients, frequently travels both domestic and internationally with extended overnight stays.
- Exposure to fluctuating temperatures frequently during travel.
- Frequently stationary and/or moving for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups both internally & externally.
- Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues.
- Performs a wide range of semi-complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard toage, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group.