- Bachelors degree in science or business, or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (5+ yearsexperience).
- Substantial sales experience in a CRO, Pharmaceutical, Med Device or Biotech environment
- A proven track record at mid and high level business contacts
- The ability to build relationships and fully integrate with internal functions such as Operations, Finance, Bids & Contracts, Marketing and Medical and follow-up to expand relationships and business opportunities.
- The ability to identify and develop sales leads, professionally present capabilities, manage the sales process through to close and handle all aspects of contract negotiations.
- The ability to build strong bid defense teams, can organize and coach people to win in competitive situations
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Scientific and/or sales or marketing background
- Work is performed in an office and/or laboratory and/or clinic environment with exposure toelectrical office equipment.
- Frequently drives to site locations and clients, frequently travels both domestic and internationally with extended overnight stays.
- Exposure to fluctuating temperatures frequently during travel.
- Frequently stationary and/or moving for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups both internally & externally.
- Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues.
- Performs a wide range of semi-complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.