The Senior Account Director positions PPD as a primary or preferred provider for all Central Labwork. Qualifies deals and develops proposals including define the solutions and recommend pricing structures to meet strategic company goals. Serves as the primary contact until work is sold, then coordinate with the relevant clinical development area(s) to ensure a successful implementation. Acts as a liaison between sponsor and company on all business development activities and requirements. Gathers data on marketing trends and competitive products/services and pricing
- Orchestrates RFP strategy calls, develops client proposals, prepares client presentations, and negotiates and closes contracts. Signs new business authorizations at or above assigned authorization goal.
- Makes cold calls and client visits; maintain sales database; maintain cold call and client visit activity reports.
- Ensures client satisfaction through periodic client contact; report and develop recommendations to address client dissatisfaction; respond to all client requests.
- Mentors and trains junior level staff.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- CRO/Pharma industry sales experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Scientific, sales and/or marketing background with concentration in pharmaceutical/biotech area.
- Proven track record of developing mid- and high- level business contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to manage and fully integrate with Operations, Finance, Bids & Contracts and Marketing, and follow-up to expand relationships and business opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and developing sales leads, making professional presentations, managing thesales process through close, and handling all aspects of contract negotiations.
- Understanding of sales automation systems and Microsoft Office programs.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Occasional drives to site locations with occasional travel both domestic and international.
- Position requires on average 50-60% domestic travel.
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.