Senior Account Coordinator
Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of California’s Mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality care at an affordable price. Blue Shield is focused on improving health care delivery by working closely with providers and making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 4 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than $325 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution.
We're hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
The Senior Account Coordinator is a key member of the CalPERS Account Management team and collaborates closely with the CalPERS Account Management staff and business unit on membership retention and growth activities. The Senior Account Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and participating in Open Enrollment, Health Benefit Officer (HBO) relationship management activities, and CalPERS agency events.
CalPERS is the largest public employer purchaser of health benefits in California and the second largest employer purchaser in the nation after the federal government. As a prestigious and high-profile client, CalPERS represents sizable membership to Blue Shield and offers an exciting opportunity for membership growth and retention.
- Coordinates and participates in Open Enrollment:
- Assists with strategic planning
- Creates volunteer manuals
- Leads volunteer training
- Attends Open Enrollment meetings
- Manages and develops Health Benefit Officer relationships:
- Helps to develop strategy
- Visits with Health Benefit Officers
- Supports agency communications, mailings, and material
- Leads CalPERS events:
- CalPERS Benefits Education Events
- New agency meetings
- Wellness fairs
- Manages and implements agency specific programs (e.g., Top Loser, Wellness).
- Participates in select CalPERS meetings (e.g., Ops and Compliance, Health Plan Partner, Wellness).
- Supports the CalPERS Account Service Rep and serves as their back up.
- Handles Health Benefit Officer member escalations.
- Assists with process documentation and improvement.
- Leverages Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) partnerships for agency events (e.g., flu shots).
- Manages the CalPERS Account Management email box.
- Provides Account Management support.
- Assists with data and reporting:
- Salesforce database management
- CalPERS agency reporting, research and support
- Supports the facilitation of CalPERS Sector team meetings.
- Identifies opportunities for workflow improvements and efficiency.
- Actively partners with CalPERS Sector members and other cross-functional teams.
- Helps to retain and growth CalPERS membership.
- Helps to establish a strong foundational level of trust between CalPERS and Blue Shield.
- Supports the organization in fulfilling our mission.
Key Competencies Required:
- Acts with a high level of integrity and emblematic of our Blue Shield mission and values.
- Customer focused with a relentless commitment to high quality work, ability to meet deliverables, and achieve results.
- Highly organized and applies a self-directed approach to work.
- Able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to travel within the state as needed (estimate 30%).
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5 years of experience in the related area.
- This position is located in our Sacramento office.