Investigates, evaluates and resolves all aspects of Property claims for large self-insured and unbundled clients. Provide a superior level of customer service to internal and external business partners. Administers and resolves claims in a timely manner and in accordance with client, company and regulatory guidelines.
- Promptly investigates all assigned claims for coverage, liability assessment, damages evaluation and subrogation/contribution potential. Ensures timely disposition of all claims in accordance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Within granted authority, establishes appropriate loss and expense reserves with documented rationale. Maintains and adjusts reserves over the life of the claim to reflect changes in exposure. Notifies appropriate claim management when exposure exceeds authority. Negotiates claims resolution within granted authority.
- Establishes and executes appropriate action plans for claim resolution including loss cost management while achieving appropriate financial balance between allocated expense and loss outcome.
- Comply with Special Handling Guidelines of Client.
- Works collaboratively with multiple internal and external professionals and business partners in investigating and reaching appropriate disposition of all claims.
- Selects and manages service vendors in accordance with company and client special handling guidelines.
- Utilize the Xactimate(or similar) estimating platform to generate estimates based on data, photographs and measurements provided by the client/vendors.
- Maintains a very strong working knowledge of applicable regulatory and jurisdictional requirements.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency through timely, consistent execution of best claim practices and established claims handling guidelines.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers on claims and account issues.
- Maintains and manages a diary system and claim pending to efficiently and effectively resolve all claims.
- Potential travel for attendance at client meetings, depositions, mediations, trials as well as loss scene inspections.
- Prepare and submits claim status and excess reports to client and their excess carrier(s).
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
- Assist in catastrophe claim handling throughout our operating territory.
- Bachelor's' degree and a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in handling Property claims required.
- Obtains and maintains state adjusting licenses, as appropriate. Ensures that all state-required Continuing Education Credits are obtained as needed to maintain license.
- Advanced skills and expertise in coverage analysis, negligence principles, investigation, evaluation and negotiation techniques.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and exercise good judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a strong ability to actively lead or participate in meetings, presentations and site meetings.
- Excellent customer service skills, with emphasis on accessibility and responsiveness.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint Xactimate(or similar estimating system).
- Strong Property vendor management skills and extensive knowledge of applicable statutory regulatory and legislative decisions.