The primary responsibility of the Senior Absence Management Specialist is to manage and administer all aspects of the Company's absence management program and policies. This includes the effective administration of company and departmental policies and procedures, while ensuring compliance with the company's leave policies, Long Term Disability Insurance, and all federal, state and municipal leave laws and requirements.
- Conducting on-going plan management by monitoring vendor and program performance and evaluating program trends; recommend and implement program enhancements when needed
- Understanding the regulations governing FMLA, state disability and leave laws and regulations and ERISA as it relates to absence programs.
- Maintaining knowledge of best practice plan design elements and industry standards for program service delivery.
- Interpretation and administration of leave programs and policies in accordance with applicable federal and state laws
- Serves as the subject matter expert for leave program under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership and consultation from the legal department
- Serve as mentor and resource to internal team members specific to absence and disability management
- Acts as a liaison between vendors, employee relations, managers, and employees
- Develops and leads training and awareness campaigns to ensure HR colleagues and managers are kept current on company's leave of absence policies and ongoing legislative updates
- Consult with HR Operations and Benefits department, as needed, to manage benefit deductions and coordinate changes to benefits as a result of employee's leave.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5 or more years of absence management experience within the context of a HR department
- Bachelor's degree, Human Resources or related field
- Experience with HR Administration and general exposure to various HR functions (e.g., compensation, employee relations, benefits, HRIS, etc.)
- Knowledge of employee benefit plans, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws regarding ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADAAA and the ACA.
- Polished and well developed oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with third party service providers and all levels of employees.
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work with ambiguity.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Proven ability to analyze data, evaluate systems and procedures and develop improvements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to the highest degree of professional standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Knowledge of Workday or similar integrated HRIS / Payroll systems.