Develop strategies with Group Products, Marketing and Sales to communicate the Absence Management capabilities and value proposition. Proactively monitors the competitive landscape- identifies issues, trends, and opportunities in the marketplace. Translates those opportunities into initiatives to grow the Absence Management product line.
Partner with internal partners to identify business opportunities that will drive change, positively affect the bottom line, and deliver optimal service performance to our customers.
Acts as a liaison with internal partners (Products, Distribution, Underwriting, and Customer Service Delivery): to implement and service accounts; identify service gaps and recommended solutions; and serve as a subject matter expert on projects. Is an active member of industry groups.
Increase Sales, Marketing, and Underwriting support to drive sales
- Drives partnerships with Group Products, Sales, Client Management Marketing to communicate the Absence Management Value Proposition
- Serves as a subject matter expert to drive the Absence Management strategy ensuring alignment with
- Assist Marketing with development of marketing material to help promote claim story
- Work with Product & Marketing to update Value Proposition
- Attend finalist/broker presentations, installment meetings and service calls -- on & offsite client & broker meetings
- Assist with Sales & Client Management training
- Respond to RFPs
- Liaison between Sales, Client Management and Products for competitive intelligence and service gaps
- Incorporate Success Stories into Value Prop Deck and Presentation
Relationship Management, Implementation, Account Management, Retention
- Develops relationship management strategy and roadmap for Absence Management products, ensuring administrative services drive client satisfaction and retention
- Develop and implement project plans for complex account implementations. Accountable for developing, documenting, and managing the internal timetable for delivery of work
- Point Person for Implementation and Client Management
- Attend quarterly & annual large case client meetings
- Assist UW & Sales/Client Management with client renewals
- Coordinate on-site visits
- Coordinate special reporting needs
- Formalize Executive Sponsorship Process for Large Case Accounts
- Proactively works to best understand the service needs of brokers and clients, partners with internal resources to achieve quality and service expectations.
- Subject Matter Expert for Field and Underwriting inquiries (i.e.: calls & emails)
Research industry best practices to recommend process and productivity improvements that eliminate/minimize service gaps and operational inefficiencies.
- Responsible for supporting projects or process improvement initiatives with cross functional teams and business processes. Applies in depth business and technical knowledge to establish direction and project priorities.
Lead special high-profile projects:
- Lead Reed Group Claims Integration
- Large Market Business Development
- Identify training opportunities and provide input into the development of training programs to improve service and product knowledge
- Adapt to Change
- Personal Growth
- Influence & Persuasion
- Effective Communication
- Collaboration with Others
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
- Customer Focus/Relationship Building
- Expertise with group life and disability benefit products.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the healthcare/medical insurance industry.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent education/training (extensive experience would substitute)
- 10+ years business experience in life and disability claims.
- End-to-end knowledge of claims process and familiarity with all other major business processes that impact Absence Management.
- Proven ability to lead change, process improvements and projects in fast- paced environment.
- Account Management knowledge and thorough understanding of customer service needs of clients.