Today we use 3rd party products for RRUs to go with our 4G and 5G OpenRAN solutions. To expand our product portfolio, we will develop our own high-end Massive MIMO radios. Focus will be on advanced technology and product development together with customers. We will progress this as a start-up company in Mavenir and leverage the whole organization. If you would like to work for a startup with resources, a large existing customer base, and worldwide reach, this is it.
As Lead Massive MIMO Radio SW Architect, you will join the Radio Development Unit team and will be responsible for high-end OpenRAN 5G and 4G mMIMO radio SW system architecture. This position will be based in Richardson, Texas.Key Responsibilities
- Lead Architect for the overall mMIMO Radio solution.
- Architecting the ORAN 7-2 split design into L1 lowPHY
- Architecting Radio embedded SW.
- Driving the FPGA and SoC drivers API definition for RFSW
- Participates in the timing analysis and specification of the mMIMO radio SW interfaces.
- Owner of the mMIMO SW technical feasibility analysis and document covering HW, SW, and SoC and system features compatibility
- Participates into system feature specifications creation from the radio development team
- Owner of the mMIMO Radio SW architecture specification
- Performs technical evaluations of major system enhancements and major new customer requirements
- Create detailed system-level functional requirements and specifications
- Monitor standards body activities to and participate (if necessary) to influence the industry with the innovative vision of the company
- Identify opportunities for innovation and market disruption.
- Provide active support and guidance for program management
- Provide support for PLM and pre-sales in RFI/RFQ cases
- Provide system-level technical support in customer meetings
- Work closely with engineering and QA teams to drive the timely and quality release of new products and features.
- Proven track record from 5G or 4G radio SW architect role
- Possess a sound understanding of essential elements of Systems engineering including how to convey requirements to development and QA teams
- In-depth knowledge of mobile networks, especially on 3GPP LTE 4G and 5G standards in RAN and the interface between radio network and core network. Additional knowledge of the core network standards is a plus.
- Deep understanding of ORAN 7-2 split and related architecture design into both Radio and baseband directions
- Good overall mMIMO and 5G system knowledge, including M/U/S/C planes architecture
- Deep understanding of SW architectures of 5G radios, both radio SW and L1 SW (low/high phy)
- Solid knowledge on C/C++
- In-depth knowledge of Radio SoC (both beam handler and DFE)
- Deep knowledge of RF and digital signal processing and algorithms
- Familiar with beamforming and related algorithms
- Good knowledge of DPD and related algorithms
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Curious minded person striving for continuous learning and innovation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills for a variety of audiences including executives, partners, and customers.
- Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new technologies and concepts.
- MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- At least 10+ years’ experience in the telecommunication industry in design and systems engineering roles