Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program. With over 1,500 products, Specialty Polymers offers the widest range of high performance polymers in the world, allowing tailor-made solutions such as pushing the limits of metal replacement in the electronics, automotive, aircraft, and healthcare industries. The GBU has unparalleled expertise in three technologies: aromatic polymers, high barrier polymers, fluoropolymers.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
The Role: Semiconductor Marketing Manager
The Semiconductor Marketing Manager is ultimately responsible for developing a strong pipeline of growth programs which lead to generating new leads for the regionally based frontline commercial team. Success will be measured on the size and quality of the identified growth programs that translate into revenue generating projects generating top line revenue growth. The focus of the marketing manager is to identify new customers, applications, or product development opportunities that translate into new leads generating top line revenue. Another key aspect of the marketing manager is finding new opportunities where Specialty Polymers can be a market maker. The position will report to the Global Market Leader, and will be regionally based in California, Arizona, Oregon or Alpharetta, GA.
- Develop marketing strategy and plan, including segmentation and implementation milestones which translate into new leads for the commercial front line teams.
- Define segments and value propositions.
- Implement relationship marketing in the case of new customers, applications, or segments
- Support alignment of R&D & CTD application development work with market trends and marketing goals.
- Provide market assessments for all products. Coordinate with other business groups, as needed.
- Manage and adapt market models by keeping abreast of market changes and disseminate relevant market and technical information.
- Provide market/product/application development management; manage development resources and process of development jointly with R&D and Market Manager.
- Represent Solvay’s interests on industry committees (regulatory and advocacy)
- Train regional frontline line on value proposition and provide local support to implement the market plans which generate new leads
- Develop pipeline of Growth Programs
- Synthesize market data from multiple sources to form strong market understanding and anticipate trends that can generate large opportunities for Solvay Specialty Polymers (SpP).
- Work with cross functional team (CTD, R&D, and Frontline) to prioritize growth programs based on market attractiveness and SpP’s unique value proposition.
- For all identified Marketing Growth Programs drive full Marketing Process: 1) Market Assessment (Fact Book), 2) Validation and 3) Launch Plan for Market Entry (Marketing Mix). 4) Go to Market
- Drive stakeholder buyin through each milestone of the Marketing Process: Business Lines, R&D, Communications, Regional Frontline, and Customer Technical Development
- Monitor trends and provide Marketing support to Core Business
- Monitor and communicate global competitive trends in the market with the main purpose of identifying new opportunities
- Work with Regional Sales Cluster Managers and Product Managers (PMs) on coordination of pricing activity. Develop and maintain appropriate sales and market support tools.
- Ability to travel 30-50% - (domestic/international)
Education and Experience:
- BS in Science or Engineering
- Advance Degree - MBA or PhD - Highly Preferred
- 10+ Years of experience in a commercial/business/R&D position in the Semiconductor equipment field.
- Familiarity with semiconductor equipment design and materials requirement - strongly preferred
- Prior international working experience or leading an international team will be a plus
- Knowledge about semiconductor industry and growth driver is a must
- Experience in leading cross functional teams (technology, product management, sales, ...)
- Strong Marketing capabilities, practical knowledge of main Marketing Excellence tools.
- Proven track record in driving successful results even without direct authority.
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and bring innovative new ideas. (to commercialize ideas) Hands on experience to drive customer wins.
- Fluent in any of the following Asian languages: Korean, Japanese or Chinese is a plus!