5 - 7 years
Posted 33 days ago
Description and Requirements
The SEM Manager researches and recommends site architecture and page content of the University’s website to optimize campaigns and performance. The individual implements the search engine optimization/marketing and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising by implementing plans and procedures. Additionally, the SEM Manager and team collaborates with colleagues on other Marketing teams to build cohesive campaigns that support the University’s digital marketing objectives.
1. Oversee the research and analysis of site traffic, site architecture and page content and evaluates recommendations to optimize search results to assure accomplishment of objectives; implement strategies and act on initiatives to increase search engine traffic to the University’s website.
2. Collaborate with other teams within Marketing, including but not limited to performance digital marketing, analytics and .EDU to cross-pollinate and build cohesive campaigns to support the University’s digital marketing goal objectives and implement, analyze and optimize SEM campaigns / performance; collaborate with others to replicate best practices and key learnings across designated search engines.implement, analyze and optimize SEM campaigns/performance.
3. Create, implement, track, analyze and optimize paid search campaigns at a keyword level; actively conduct strategy and landing page tests to increase efficiency and incremental volume; analyze and report on paid search campaign results and present to key stakeholders.
4. Analyze and resolve search engine and pay-per-click issues and needs including Web content, keyword target lists, linking and optimization of click-through and conversion rates. Troubleshoot and resolve program issues identified through material changes in SEM key metrics.
5. Lead Search Marketing team to implement brand, non-brand and other search partnership programs; ensure performance objectives are being met.
6. Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
· Bachelor’s degree in job related area
· Miniumum of 5 years of related experience to include SEM experience that includes proven results in developing and optimizing campaigns to meet business objectives
· Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Ad Cloud Search, Bing, Marin Software, Kenshoo or other search platform management tools preferred.
· Self-motivated, detail-oriented, data-driven and comfortable working within a team.
· Analytical mindset with strong quantitative skills and advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL or other data analytics tools.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail, project management and organization skills with ability to multitask.
· Prior Supervisory experience within performance marketing team environment.