What Is This Position Is All About:
Under the direction of the General Manager or Assistant General Manager of Merchandising, the Selling Director is responsible for driving sales through developing the selling skills and behaviors of the selling associates, creating a high performance team, and consistently coaching for optimal sales results. The Selling Director must maintain high visibility on the selling floor to model focused sales and service behaviors, establish and maintain client relationships, and create effective teamwork.
Who You Are:
- You have been described by past peers and managers as having strong leadership skillsand excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- You have a proven ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- You utilize your strong communication skills to inspire, direct, and lead your team to meet all proposed deadlines
- You can work independently without concern, stay self-motivated and always meet your deadlines
You Also Have:
- 4-year degree (preferred)
- 3+ years of management experience with comparable volume or a proven track record of success, managing a selling workforce and achieving results
- Proficiency in utilizing available technology, especially Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility in scheduling as the business needs require evening, weekend, and holiday schedules
As The Selling Director You Will:
- Take an active role in the training and ongoing education of the selling team, provide product knowledge training, event information, policy and procedure updates, as well as ensure that merchandise opportunities are appropriately communicated to the merchant organization in order to support the selling effort
- Maintain a strong floor presence to drive selling efforts, model service behaviors to reinforce the service imperative, and ensure consistent adherence to the service standards
- Provides a comfortable and welcoming shopping environment for the client by ensuring the ongoing maintenance of the SCD, selling floor, fitting rooms and customer areas, filling in merchandise and recovering the floor as needed.
- Act as a leader and motivator to the sales team by modeling, training, coaching, and rewarding selling behaviors
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount .