Performs scope specific SPW preconstruction functions on projects for the following carpenter and laborer scopes; seismic and rough carpentry, millwork, trim work, Lab Casework and Soft Demolition in value from $250K to $20M+. Has expert knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction costs. Demonstrates excellent people and communication skills. Is the lead person on all aspects of cost planning and budgeting during the Preconstruction Phase of the SPW project.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Develops estimates for SPW from preliminary drawings.
- Develops Lump Sum proposals from completed CDs.
- Provides pricing for changes in scope on existing projects.
- Develops/maintains database, unit cost, productivity, assemblies, system definition.
- Manages productivity by understanding current team capabilities and driving continuous improvement.
- Writes ITBs for SPW and related trades.
- Has some knowledge of Construction Contracts and the key insurance and damages clauses that need to be reviewed.
- Performs constructability review and identifies alternate means and methods.
- Prepares end of project productivity summary.
- Always promotes the highest level of professionalism and ethics.
- Attend job walks
Requirements for this position include the following:
- 5+ years of experience as an estimator in the construction industry.
- Cost planning
- Seismic, Rough Carpentry, Finish Carpentry, Casework, Soft Demolition and general construction means and methods
- Material take-off
- Construction unit costs
- Delivery methods