The successful candidate will be experienced at leading hardware, software, and system development efforts necessary to propose, implement, verify, and deliver EW Radar Warning Receiver systems. The candidate needs to be a critical thinker, with experience in how the CONOPS and requirements baselines affect all aspects of product development, verification and validation, and production.
The SEIT IPTL will work closely with the program office, chief engineer, functional engineering, and business development during all phases of program and must be effective at communicating and building trust with senior management and customers. The successful candidate must be a proven and effective leader driving technical integrity in the engineering team's products and behaviors, while ensuring program execution to plan within cost and schedule.
- Generation of technical material for submission and/or briefing to senior engineering and program leadership and customers
- Technical leadership and guidance of multi-disciplined teams in the design and development of RF modules and subsystems integration, test and verification
- Contributing to the generation of technical volumes and producing cost estimation for business pursuits
- Execution of testing for subsystems in various laboratory or field environments
- Interfacing with supplier/vendors providing module requirements/specification to support subsystem designs, integration and verification
- Occasional domestic travel to support test activities, supplier visits and/or customer meetings
- Minimum 10 years in RF development/research and production for defense applications
- Strong Knowledge of RF/Microwave principles and system and subsystem-level analysis methodologies
- Strong verbal communication skills with ability to present data and explain results to management & customers
- Familiarity of the following RF/Microwave concepts & terminology: dB, dBc, dBi, dBm, Bandwidth, EIRP, G/T, Gain, Gain Compression, Gain Flatness, Intermodulation Products, Isolation, Noise Figure, Phase & Amplitude Settling, Phase Noise, Return Loss, Spurious, Third Order Intercept, and VSWR
- Demonstrated leadership experience in system engineering processes, including requirements definition, design, test planning, test execution, data analysis, and operations support; multidisciplinary leadership experience in the engineering design and test of RF systems and associated special test equipment
- Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers
- Capable of effectively working in a team environment, often under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated desire to successfully pursue new challenges, improve and broaden technical skills, seek greater responsibilities, and increase individual value to the organization
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with software test document preparation and/or revision; and with Microsoft Project scheduling activities.
- Experience with Radar/EW Special Test Equipment.
- Experience with security requirements related to government testing.
- Occasional business travel may be required.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience in proposal development and cost estimation
- Familiarity with Digital Design
- Working knowledge of software/firmware development embedded on target hardware
- Familiarity using RF/Microwave test equipment such as a Network Analyzer with calibrations kits, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, RF Power Meter, Oscilloscope
- Experience in EW/RF/Microwave Systems design and development
- Familiarity with requirements management tool such as Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with investigation within five years
- Experience in IV&V planning, test methodologies and test requirements development for space systems
- Experience in environmental test methods
- IPTL & EVMS experience
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline.
Desired Education : Master's / Ph.D degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).